- How do photos get chosen for Fooderific?
Any Wordpress blog that has recipes marked up with microformatting or microdata is eligible. This includes recipes created by all of the popular Wordpress recipe plugins. If you're lucky enough to be using EasyRecipe, all you need do is enable Fooderific in the EasyRecipe settings. For Ziplist, Recipress, Get Me Cooking, RecipeSEO and Kitchen Bug users, you'll need to install the Fooderific plugin (available soon) as well.
- Are there any minimum requirements to get a recipe listed on Fooderific?
A recipe must have microformatting or microdata markup and it must include a photo not less than 230x230 pixels
- Why aren't some of my recipes showing up?
Fooderific.com is a gallery of good food photos..
If the photo you selected to go with your recipe is of Uncle Hank and Aunt Helen, we'll probably decline that.
If a photo is of a countertop full of ingredients and the recipe is for pancakes, we're probably going to decline that as well
If your photo is significantly covered by text or non food images - it's out.
If your photo looks like a plate or jar of dog barf (no matter how delicious it may be) - we'll zap it
- How do I reselect a photo so my recipe will be included?
If you're using EasyRecipe Plus you can edit the recipe and select a more relevant photo on the "Photo" tab. If you're using another recipe plugin, use it to select a better photo if you can.
- I think a recipe has the wrong cuisine or meal type
We use the cuisine and meal type that each recipe author provides. Sometimes you may not agree with their choice. Feel free to contact them!
- I saw a photo that doesn't have food, is that permitted?
Fooderific only includes recipe posts where the blooger has specified a phot. If someone has created a recipe for a non-food item, don't eat it!
- I saw a photo on a blog that's really good. Can I submit it to Fooderific?
No. The only way you can get a photo shown on Fooderific is by having your own blog and explicitly allowing us to show it here by installing the Fooderific plugin (or enabling it in EasyRecipe)
- I don't have a Wordpress blog but I have recipes and photos. Can I submit them?
Currently we're only accepting recipes published on Wordpress blogs that are marked up with microformatting or microdata
- I refreshed the page and the recipes moved. Why?
Fooderific is updated in real time and often several new recipes will get added in the space of just few minutes. The front page shows the very latest recipes and will often be different from one view to the next.
- Can I have recipes from more than one blog?
As long as they're not the same recipes, sure.
- I only speak English but there are foreign language recipes listed
People from all around the world write food blogs and hey, it's great to see what other people eat, don't you think? Google Translate will help you put the words into your language.
- I see a recipe or photo of mine that shouldn't be listed on Fooderific
We don't want to be part of recipe or image theft. If someone is using your recipes or photos without your permission and they appear on Fooderific, contact us right away and well investigate